Reporting to the manager, geotechnical engineering, you will lead the safe management of tailings ponds and other mine waste related facilities and structures at our base mine facility in Fort McMurray. You will be the point of contact and be in a critical position to support the geotechnical engineers of record (EOR).
- Understand all conditions related to dams and mine waste related facilities and structures on site
- Respond to dam safety incidents or concerns in the field and liaise with the various operating groups to handle field related issues
- Liaise with government representatives during site inspections
- Handle our work scope authorizations process for geotechnical control areas on structures
- Lead the performance monitoring program that includes quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of instrumentation data, visual surveillance etc.
- Lead the preparation and timely submission of regulatory reports: annual construction and performance reports, dam safety reviews and oil sands conservation regulations in accordance to OSCR32
- Handle the preparation and updating of dam safety manuals
- Coach and mentor the instrumentation and construction teams with regards to performance monitoring of the structures
- Provide regular quality assurance dam safety reports that summarize the monthly instrumentation and construction to the EOR and site construction groups
- Review contractor initiated turnover packages and act as a signing authority where applicable
Experience and Education:
- Eight or more years of experience in large civil earthworks construction projects, which include: field construction, performance monitoring, construction quality assurance, inspection and testing and engineering dam design or dam safety reviews
- Engineering degree in geotechnical, civil or a related field; masterdegree is preferred
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record.
JOB NUMBER: 11621