As a technology development films equipment engineer at Micron, you will be responsible for working with process and sustaining group engineering to maintain, mature and define hardware in order to support and improve existing processes and equipment. In this position, you will provide equipment support of TD Thin Films CVD sustaining and improvement efforts and provide ownership for equipment development and maturity on your assigned tools for CVD films and processes.
- Monitor area equipment operation, including tool alarms, E3, and address and repair chronic issues.
- Manage and own any safety related updates and concerns for your assigned equipment group.
- Area contact for all equipment issues by workstation.
- Coordinate tool installs and group projects (schedule, define, prioritize) for MDE systems.
- Work with MDE (Manufacturing Development Engineering) leadership to develop vendor equipment training plans that support area training needs for equipment technicians and engineers.
- Central contact for equipment issues associated with MDE.
- Represent Fab 4 in companywide equipment alignment efforts via CST/CPEE and technology transfer activities.
- Assist in driving company, department and area goals and improvements.
- Monitor area equipment operation, repair and status.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of workstation performance including equipment availability, monthly vendor and internal reports, MTTR (Mean Time To Repair), MTBF (Mean Time Between Fail)
- Collaborate with development equipment group, purchasing, vendors and manufacturing sites to manage spare parts inventories.
- Collaborate with PDE equipment group, purchasing, vendors and manufacturing sites to manage CIP/QBR activities
- Create and approve modifications to Preventative Maintenance procedures.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Fab vacuum based deposition equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years Fab CVD equipment experience.
- Understanding of the interactions between process and hardware and be able to leverage this knowledge.
- Ability to work with Facilities Engineering, trades, vendors and HVM to support assigned projects.
- Collaborate with area engineers on issues; and prioritize your assigned workload.
- Capability to coordinate, installation, maintenance, documentation, including creation of, and modifications for TD 300mm Thin Films CVD equipment.
- Possess good communication skills with the capacity to summarize the plans and progress of existing experimental work and provide documentation in the form a written report.
- Possess strong equipment knowledge, including electrical, electronics, pneumatics, plumbing (gas and/or liquid), thermal control, vacuum, mechanical, RF, and process knowledge.
- The ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Must be a self-motivated team player and be adaptable to Micron's changing needs including working extended hours if required.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Being active in cost reduction.
- Maintaining area assigned safety certifications.
- Ensuring workplace cleanliness.
- Own and manage, E3 reaction documents, Long Term Down events and closure.
- Create and maintain critical spares parts documents.
- TPM attendance and contribution
- EIP creation and assessments
- MDE/HVM tool matching
- 6s and Safety Audits
- PDE to MDE transfer and MDE to HVM Transfer
- Manage and maintain OPUP Targets
- It is essential that you also have excellent written and verbal communication and troubleshooting skills. Other desirable competencies include, and solid PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, MDM, ETI, SIGMA, SPACE, MES, Klarity and VISIO).