The continuous improvement engineer role will drive the CI program at the site and will liaison with the network Operational Excellence team. The position will be the champion for the innovation strategic pillar and lead the innovation council with input from key stakeholders.
- Develops and leads the continuous improvement program from the analysis and determination of each of the strategic initiatives to the generation of the organizational benefit
- Studies production processes to identify areas of opportunity that represent priority, aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization in terms of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Program improvement activities for waste reduction, increased productivity, optimization of processes and resources, ensuring product quality, economic savings, reduction of operating expenses, reduction of complaints and reduction of internal expenses.
- Implements and monitors productivity indicators including savings from project deliverables.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen teams, focused on consistently improving critical areas and products.
- Train workforce on tools and methodologies related to Continuous Improvement processes.
- Coach colleague led teams for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with the corporate network sharing learning from improvement projects and obtaining information on project results implemented in the other sites.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Green Belt Certification (Black Belt preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- 5-10 years Engineering Experience