Dover Fueling Solutions, a global leader in fuel dispensing, payment processing and point of sale technology, is seeking an Engineer specializing in Cloud Technologies. The Cloud Engineer will develop data, interface and service architecture capabilities within the company’s SaaS platforms for worldwide customers. In this capacity, you understand the complexities associated with building large scale systems used by thousands of users every day. This job reports to the Manager of Digital Solutions.
- Develop software components using company cloud platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to refine business requirements.
- Analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable.
- Provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks.
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Debug and provide solutions for complicated issues.
- Participate in demos and code reviews.
- Enforce software best practices, standards and processes.
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new and creative ideas and methodologies into software development efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Collaborate with payment team members to ensure project success and champion high quality throughout the project.
The successful candidate will have/possess:
- Entry-level knowledge of cloud product systems.
- Basic understanding of the software development cycle.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied IT or similar engineering domain
- 3 years of C# and .NET coding experience using Visual Studio IDE in a professional environment.
- Some knowledge on design patterns.
- Some knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Team player and self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with source control tools such as Jira, Git, Visual Studio.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 year of cloud product development (not solely web-based) experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience with microservices design and development.
- Experience using DevOps tools for scripting, test automation, build automation, deployments, etc.