Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s largest engineering and construction groups, and a major player in infrastructure ownership, operations and maintenance services. We have offices across Canada and operate in over 100 countries.
SNC-Lavalin's Power, Grid & Industrial Solutions Sector is a pioneer in the field of power generation and distribution. We are proud to have more than 100 years of experience in dams and hydroelectricity, with our first hydroelectric project dating back to 1911. SNC-Lavalin has been closely involved in the design, construction, refurbishment and study of hydro and power systems and has facilitated the production of some 296,000 MW of hydropower, more than 114,000 km of transmission lines and more than 2,500 substations around the world.
We are currently looking for a Civil Structural Engineer with at least 10 years of experience to join our Vancouver team.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Establish design criteria related to area of assignment, based upon specified contractual requirements and in line with good engineering practices.
- Perform design of Civil works, including site preparation, structures, buildings and foundations.
- Prepare engineering calculations as required, and have them checked, approved and filed in line with the relevant quality system procedure.
- Prepare technical specifications and supervise the preparation of drawings.
- Prepare proposals, feasibility studies, conceptual design, engineering estimates and schedules.
- Work with project team through the various project stages from conceptual design to detailed design, construction, commissioning and close-out.
- Perform conceptual and peer reviews of engineering designs, drawings and reports.
- Other tasks as required to support project goals and business activities.
What will you contribute?
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Civil Structural Engineer.
- Power transmission and distribution industry experience.
- In-depth design experience in buildings, structural steel, concrete, masonry, architectural and plant site civil works using Canadian and US design codes and standards.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with STAAD.Pro, Civil 3D, MathCAD, PCA design programs and MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hydroelectric power and other renewable power industry experience.
- Proficiency with Revit and Robot.
- A recognized degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- EGBC Professional Engineer registration or eligibility for registration.
- A strong technical capability and the ability to work solitarily and in a team environment.
- The ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment.
- The ability to perform as a key member of an inter-disciplinary project team, including supervising and mentoring junior engineers and drafters.