Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy's. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development. We want talent like you.
The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for collaborating closely with application development teams to guide them through security requirements, analyze software designs/architecture/implementations from a security perspective, and serve as a dedicated security resource to identify and assist in proposing solutions to all security matters. The appropriate candidate will have a “hands-on” role working closely with engineering and development teams to solve real problems in ways that meet our security requirements. This will include having experience with security and agile programming best practices and applying them within complex applications and systems. Responsibilities include the application and advocation of security for Macy’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), integration of tools and processes into CI/CD pipeline and recommending appropriate solutions for keeping Macy’s applications secure. The successful candidate will be responsible for using technologies ranging from legacy architectures to web and mobile applications. Openness to embrace new ideas and a willingness to learn and adapt are essential for success in this role.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with the lead security engineer within an application development area to ensure that security best practices and internal requirements are met through the entire development lifecycle
- Perform threat modeling, design reviews and code reviews with a focus on security as part of the development lifecycle
- Assist with integrating state-of-art technology to meet the business needs and interface with business units regarding technical planning and application security topics.
- Provide guidance in the interpretation of Secure Software Development Lifecycle (S-SDLC) as well as governance of security standards with development teams
- Assist with proof-of-concept and proof-of-technology testing for integrating new 3rd party security products into the development and deployment processes
- Build application security in cloud-based and virtualized environments
- Perform regular security testing, code review, and assist with remediation of identified issues
- Consult with development and architecture teams on Secure Development methodologies and best practices, including incident response and architecture, PCI certification and other audit and review processes
- Advise internal customers and evangelize threat modeling, secure design reviews, static code analysis and vulnerability remediation.
- Applying security controls (PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, ISO) as well as web application security topics such as OWASP Top 10, CWE Top 25, and authentication infrastructure (SAML, OAuth).
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Should have at least 2 years of experience in IT.
- Experience in application development.
- Experience building and evaluating enterprise application deployments in cloud, on-prem and hybrid scenario
- Demonstrated understanding of core secure coding concepts
- Familiarity with security testing tools for SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP and Pen Testing a plus
- Experience working in a continuous delivery or DevOps team is a plus
- Familiarity with security solutions for data and web services
- Familiarity with agile development principles sufficient to integrate security controls without unnecessarily impeding overall project velocity
- Demonstrated communications skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong partner relationships
- Experience designing systems/applications with high level of complexity (e.g. many interfaces, multiple packages, platforms)
- Security certifications are a plus e.g. CISSP, CSSLP, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively discuss security-related topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-evolving field; this position requires the ability to quickly absorb new information and concepts, and develop a working understanding of new technologies on a regular and ongoing basis
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.