Engineer, Analytics and Optimization
The primary objective of the role is to provide the advanced analytics that support strategic and tactical decision making by developing and maintaining state-of-the-art decision support tools in the areas of hourly crewmember scheduling and operational reliability. The Data Expert will be responsible for extracting large quantities of data from IT systems and developing efficient ETLs. In addition, the Data Expert will carry out complex data analysis and modelling; create solid recommendations to business owners. The position will be exposed to an enormous variety of topics across organization and require crewmember to develop continuously methodological knowledge and skills.
• Develop and implement advanced analytical models and processes to support decision making to drive airline profitability
• Maintain and improve existing models and processes
• Support implementation of advanced analytical decision support tools by business partners in the operations
• Participate in a broad range of ad-hoc projects doing advanced analytics for internal and external customers
• Support and initiate operational and financial efficiency projects for hourly workforce
• Support budget and goal development for operational business units
• Develop presentations and analysis for Senior department leaders on an ad hoc basis
• Responsible for all aspects of project development throughout the project lifecycle including facilitating meetings and communication amongst project team members and monitoring adherence to project deadlines
• Builds and fosters relationships with internal and external Customers
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research, Operations Science, Statistics or related field
• Strong capabilities with multiple programming languages (Java, Python, C++, etc.)
• Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
• Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
• PHD in Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research, Operations Science, Statistics or related field
• Self-starter who is eager to participate and contribute in teams
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Occasional trips to the airport may require special equipment – ear plugs, safety vests, and steel-toed boots
• Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
• Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
• When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
• Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
• Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
• Computer and other office equipment
• Standard office environment.
• Present during core business hours with extended hours when operationally necessary.
• Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.