We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources and interactions.
We are looking for a Software Engineer experienced with mission-critical applications to help with the continued growth of the DigitalOcean cloud. As that engineer, you will think about how to present complex cloud infrastructure as simple, configurable tools for our customers. You will be working alongside Product and Design teams, and reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager in Customer Experience. You will decide how to build software that gets the most out of our products and services and helps developers scale their systems on DigitalOcean. You will also work within the broader engineering organization to improve the efficiency and performance of internal systems so that we can support our growing customer base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engineer solutions to business problems by creating and maintaining Go and occasionally Ruby services
- Create internal services that are performant and highly reliable
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Contribute to building and maturing engineering practices
- Take part in an on-call rotation every 4+ weeks
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Deployments: Experience with containerized applications in Docker within a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse, or similar platform.
- Design & architecture: Expert working within a microservice architecture, with knowledge of both asynchronous, event-driven processing, and synchronous GRPC/HTTP based requests.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- and PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of and ability to use Kibana and Grafana for monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) e.g. Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and SSO will be nice to have