A Software Engineer III is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of thebusiness.
The Software Engineer III within the Supply Chain – Fulfillment and Distribution Technology is responsible for designing and developing highly available, robust and scalable solutions in the warehouse management system (WMS) and automation system, to improve FC/DC operation efficiency and eliminate defects. This position plays a key role in thetransformation of fulfillment and distribution platforms to support Nordstrom’s retail and e-commerce growth.
- Leads the functional requirement gathering and detail design
- Leads software design, development and implementation in agile project cycle. Ensures quality of software and acts as gatekeeper of change control.
- Serves as engineering resource in cross functional team dealing with challenging engineering problem or opportunity
- Mentors other software engineers on design best practices and conducts code review
- Resolves complex engineering problems, collaborating with others
- 4+ years professional experience of software development is required, experience on the Linux/Java platform is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience of building solutions based on SOA and relational database in agile environment
- Experience with AWS or other cloud based environments and tools
- Experience with .Net implementations a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent required