Job Description Summary
Software Engineers at Nordstrom apply their skills and talents to build scalable and sustainable solutions, utilizing best engineering practices and the latest Cloud technologies in an agile, team-oriented and collaborative environment. They build and support amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
As an Engineer 2 on the Price Clearance Tool development team, you'll work with a multifaceted group of engineers who build and support this business-critical pricing tool. Enabling processing of millions of dollars-worth of price markdowns each week, your work will directly impact both its users as well as the business' bottom line.
Job Posting Description
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts and computer science fundamentals, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems.
- Drive work while demonstrating a bias for action and flexibility to evolving business needs.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, as well as program and product managers to define and implement technical solutions.
- Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping and estimating resulting stories.
- Work closely with your peers, mentor junior developers and help the team achieve its goals.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them.
- Participate in design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Maintain a dev-ops mindset, promoting Cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team's Cloud infrastructure.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 2+ years of professional experience in delivering quality software, across the full stack
- Proficiency in an Object-Oriented language, such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience with web technologies, ReactJS, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS a plus.
- Good understanding of dev-ops best practices, CI/CD, alerting, monitoring, A/B testing, production support.
- Experience with agile software development, such as SCRUM or Kanban.