Job Title: Engine Test Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Mossville, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Working knowledge of internal combustion engine mechanics, applied failure analysis to interpret wear patterns back to root cause, technical writing skills for report documentation. Bachelor's degreerequired. 2 years of industry experiencepreferred.
Candidate Responsibilities (Express Requisition):
- Responsibilities include interpreting PRL wear analysis and writing failure analysis reports, supporting temp plug measurements and carbon rating requests, and providing validation cell support (ie, troubleshooting abnormal issues).
- Research and investifgate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required. Ten + years engineering experiencerequired.
Skills and Competencies:
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented. Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field.
- Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
Education Requirement (Express Requisition):
- Bachelor's degreerequired. 2 years of industry experiencepreferred.
Soft Skills Required (Express Requisition):
- Strong communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills
Technical Skills Required (Express Requisition):
- Working knowledge of internal combustion engine mechanics, applied failure analysis to interpret wear patterns back to root cause, technical writing skills for report documentation.
Typical Day (Express Requisition):
- Interfacing with the PRL design and field support team to understand inspection needs and coordinating requests with the on-site inspection room.
- Write up failure analysis reports based on inspection room measurements for the PRL design team to support NPI / CPI, including calculating wear and making observations and recommendations based on root cause.
- Support piston temperature plug measurements, including coordinating machining and measurements. Provide validation cell support and provide input at pre-test and planning meetings.