Engine Performance Analyst
Job Title: Engine Performance Analyst - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel. Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects. Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- As a contingent Performance Analyst, you will assist with Model-Based Product Development. In addition you will:
- Assist in developing and validating GT-Power models and supporting deployed use throughout engine engineering.
- Provide support to engine development programs, conducting performance analysis simulations and optimization tasks.
- Work with performance engineers responsible for testing to pilot and implement processes.
- Assist in developing model capabilities, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Assist in developing model calibration procedures and analysis methodologies.
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience:
- 1+ years? industry experience in engine performance OR relevant advanced degree.
- Experience using GT-Power (and GT-Suite in general).
- Proficiency with standard engineering software, including Matlab.
- Experience with Thermo-fluids.
- Strong communication and team skills.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience:
- Intermediate proficiency using GT-Power (and GT-Suite in general).
- 1+ years? engineering experience with heavy-duty diesel engines.
- Strong proficiency with standard engineering software, including Matlab.
Education (Specific Branch of Study, Certificate):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (required).
- Master of Science engineering degree or higher (desired).