Job Title: Engine Build Coordinator - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems. Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
?Required Skill Set:
- Bachelors in engineering or experience with engine development or repair - Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with broad work groups (product engineering, supply management, wage technicians) on a project Preferred Skills
Ability to learn the following:
- Create build work orders with input from product engineers
- Attend builds and provide direction to build technicians
- Disposition build questions on the spot
- Publish the bill of materials for each engine for quick reference by engineers
- Establish familiarity with the engine 3D geometry by using 3D modeling software such as Creo, VisMockup, etc.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Correct part numbers, assembly instructions, etc. - Ability to manage multiple builds simultaneously.
- Project management skills to balance competing priorities.