The Employee Experience team in HR seeks to deliver integrated experiences that unleash employees’ energy and potential throughout their HP journey. Within Employee Experience, the Engagement & Social Impact team is responsible for measuring and continuously improving employee engagement and social impact through global and local programs, experiences, and leadership. The Engagement Program Manager/Strategist will be responsible for global programs and projects end to end, including strategy, design, development, and delivery. This work also involves partnering across HP to enable and drive higher levels of engagement.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to development of the company-wide Employee Engagement strategy.
- Apply HR and/or subject matter expertise to lead the complete delivery of highly complex, global programs and projects, including Voice Insight Action (VIA); accountable for successful implementation of multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Build and grow global network to strengthen collaboration, connection, and alignment on engagement initiatives across HP.
- Consult with business and HR managers as a trusted advisor on topics in multiple functional areas of expertise; partner to develop custom solutions that anticipate and meet stakeholder needs.
- Identify success criteria, design program strategies and plans, and establish goals and metrics to measure performance.
- Develop and manage change management strategies for strategic solution delivery; provide guidance to business leaders and HR Centers of Expertise on current issues, programs, and transformation strategies.
- Collaborate across the Employee Experience team to develop and manage content, celebrate successes, and create internal communication strategies that will convey the underlying message that HP is the place to work. Develop customized programs/campaigns for various employee segments, as needed.
- Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of engagement programs to ensure they are delivering results aligned with success criteria. Refine strategies and develop new solutions to improve the employee experience across key segments.
- Manage employee-related research projects to gather analytics and insights to support business decisions and actions.
- Within Engagement team—to ensure overall alignment with HR priorities, program objectives, and deliverables, and to understand, prioritize, and address audience needs. To bring content to life through visual design and to enable a positive experience.
- Employee Communications—to develop communications for various audiences.
- Culture—to naturally bring the language of ‘The HP Way’ to life in employee programs, conversations, and content.
- HR—to account for programmatic, translation, localization, and implementation requirements.
- Businesses & Functions—to maintain employee engagement through coordinated actions aligned to VIA focus areas—improving the way we work, developing our people, and building the future.
Education & Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred
- Typically 10+ years related experience in human resources functional area, HR Generalist, or HR Consulting role
- Experience delivering complex programs globally
Knowledge & Skills
- Superior knowledge of human resources, with expertise in multiple functional areas.
- Superior business acumen and experience working in a matrixed, global organization across multiple cultures and languages. Fluency in one or more languages other than English is a plus.
- Excellent program/project management and process development experience, including implementation and feedback analysis; strong leadership skills, ability to balance multiple perspectives and convey relevant messages.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including writing, presentation building, influence, consulting, and negotiation.
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to nurture relationships and deal with sensitive/confidential topics.
- Demonstrated success leveraging internal networks to drive results.
- Solid understanding of HR systems and processes.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including multi-tasking capabilities, priority setting, and meeting deadlines; ability to move quickly from one task to another depending on changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to translate business needs into HR initiatives; ability to manage change across a broad and diverse population.
- Attention to detail and personal accountability for results; self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.); knowledge of HP Online platform is a plus.
Job ID 3021972