San Francisco, CA
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 177 days ago
Moody’s Analytics - Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS)
Product Development - Advisory Services & Technical Consulting
Regular - Experienced Hire
The Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA) Advisory Services team of Moody’s Analytics helps banks, asset managers and other financial institutions quantify and manage credit risk in their portfolios. Representative engagements include stress testing (Dodd-Frank/CCAR), ALLL quantification, CECL implementation, dual risk rating implementation, economic capital analysis, PD/LGD/EAD modeling, development of liquidity management solutions, ALM-related modeling, and related advisory services. RAFA Advisory collaborates with groups across Moody’s Analytics, including our research, economics, structured products, and sales teams.
This position is based in our San Francisco office. The successful candidate will manage a team of three to four consultants, in addition to managing project teams that may include the candidate’s own direct reports and/or staff from other teams.
The Engagement Manager position is a highly client-facing role, focused on assessing clients’ business needs relative to the development, customization, and implementation of risk management solutions. During a typical advisory engagement, you will begin by helping the client precisely understand the issue or challenge at hand. You will then assist in the development of a plan to solve the challenge or address the issue. You will organize and guide a team of consultants, coordinate communication with the client, and identify ways to implement the solution. Specific duties include:
• Lead project teams. Help teams of consultants and researchers understand their individual responsibilities on projects. Delegate tasks, provide coaching and guidance, set expectations for quality, manage and resolve issues or conflicts, and provide timely project information to senior management.
• Manage a team of San Francisco-based consultants. Take an active role in helping your direct reports advance and accelerate their careers. Provide clear, actionable, and timely feedback on their performance, and identify and eliminate any obstacles to their success.
• Manage relationships with clients. Take the lead role in ensuring client satisfaction and position Moody’s for follow-up engagements. Manage expectations and communications with clients and build a strong rapport with your client counterpart.
• Assume ownership of project completion. Develop project plans, determine staffing needs, manage day-to-day project schedules, ensure timely completion of high-quality deliverables, lead status meetings, and communicate status and results to senior management.
• Support business development efforts. Work as a key member of the pre-sales team. Meet with prospective clients to share expertise and recommend solutions in real-time as part of determining client requirements and scoping out projects. Create pitch presentations, estimate project duration and resource requirements, write and edit proposals, set prices, and negotiate contract terms.
• Ensure that projects are being delivered on time and budget, and help the team achieve financial targets.
• Mentor delivery teams. Provide guidance and coaching throughout the course of an engagement to ensure that they remain challenged, efficiently utilized, and focused on organizational objectives. Assist team members in developing into self-sufficient managers.
• Demonstrate thought leadership. Show initiative and creativity in designing solutions for unique client challenges. Actively pursue opportunities to publish white papers or articles in peer-reviewed journals. The Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA) Advisory Services team of Moody’s Analytics helps banks, asset managers and other financial institutions quantify and manage credit risk in their portfolios. Qualifications: