Title: Engagement Manager – Industrial & Heavy Machinery
Location: Novi, MI / Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Education: Bachelor's /Master's Degree
Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Area of Responsibility
- Supporting pre-sales activities in terms of technical direction by obtaining input from subject matter experts across the E&D business, negotiating the SOW with the client and offshore delivery teams, conducting commercial modelling to ensure all proposals meet NA revenue and GP targets while meeting client expectations.
- Responsibility for following TTL GEM and project management process and ensuring projects meet NA revenue and GP targets during execution phase.
- Leading product and manufacturing engineering delivery from our offshore virtual (CAD / CAE) and engineering teams in accordance with customers' product development systems to support component and sub-system design, packaging, digital manufacturing and other activities to meet agreed functional, performance and attribute targets.
- Guiding and mentoring offshore engineering teams to help build capability and skills and ensure customer expectations and requirements are met and establishing a "solutioning mentality"
- Ensuring service levels are in accordance with the agreed deliverables & SLA's (Work loading, Quality, and OnTime Delivery etc), Ensuring clients provide key inputs in accordance with agreed timing to ensure projects remain on track.
- Managing, guiding & mentoring TTL liaison engineers based on / near site at clients or at the NA delivery centre to ensure employee engagement KPIs are met.
- Managing the business / customer relationship with our clients ensuring that NPS and CSAT KPIs are met.
- Leveraging Business Development skills and capabilities to ensure the offshore engineering team is kept fully loaded with a healthy pipeline of activity and creating demand for further growth.
- Attending customer meetings as necessary with engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, finance, sales etc and filtering/ feeding information and data to offshore team; maintaining governance & control of the engagement.
- Look for ways to improve project & LOB level profitability over time
- Look for synergies across projects or services for ways to offer more value to the client or enhance efficiency of our services.
- Act as a 'Services Architect' to develop existing services or to create new lines of service
- Work with the CRM/Sales team to develop client account strategies
Knowledge / Experience
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive and other related industry sectors.
- Sound engineering fundamentals & knowledge of design processes and manufacturing techniques is essential.
- Project and supplier management experience.
- Self-Motivated, proactive and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills – demonstrated ability of communicating with multicultural and remote teams as well as at all levels within a customer environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Any experience (direct or indirect) on CATIA V5, CAE applications, 3D solid modelling, CREO or equivalent design software packages and TeamCenter or equivalent PDMs.
- Understanding of GD&T ASME Y14.52009, DFMEA's and DVP&R's
- Ensure engineering service revenue and cost control.