The Engagement Manager II is focused on our most strategic customers. The function’s goal is to maximize customer satisfaction, retention, and growth throughout the relationship. In this role, you will use your background in technical pre-sales, program management and service delivery to help evolve our customer’s cloud strategies, moving them from concept to implementation that best leverages both the customer’s and Akamai’s strengths. You will drive business value, innovation, develop strong customer relationships, along with a deep understanding of the customer’s business models.
* Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, expand client relationships, oversee integrated account team execution, and ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers/resellers to evaluate the customer’s web architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution.
* Accountable for customer implementation portfolio, including architecturedesign, portfolio planning and throughput, creation and maintenance of operational controls and tracking metrics and deliverables.
* Participate in operational issues related to specific engagements, including billings, expenses, staffing, utilization management, among other client facing activities.
* Work closely with direct sales to educate customers on Akamai's services and solutions - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
* Strategic development and technical management of customer environment.
* Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer’s business.
* Exploration of the customer’s business and education of Akamai’s portfolio and roadmap.
* 25-50% travelrequired.
About the Team
Engagement Managers are part of Akamai’s Global Services & Support team, working with Sales, Technical Support, Business Support and Professional Services to deliver high value Akamai services to our premier customers.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science other related technical field or equivalent IT industry experience or
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science other related technical field or equivalent IT industry experience.
* Minimum 5 years of experience with delivering consulting services, including involvement in selling services or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience with enterprise level project managementexperience (SOWs, contract management, risk management, staffing) or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in one or more web development languages, methodologies, or architectures including protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP
* MBA or Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of web performance , web security, application analytics, including technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, etc.
* A proven track record demonstrating busienss accumen, business management, an ability to make decisions along with a passion for excellence
*Experience with products and processes related to B2B application architectures, operations service models, and application security.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences, from the user to the executive level.
* Demonstrated success developing client relationships.
* Must be able to work independently as part of a remote team.