Candidates are needed in the U.S. (any major city), Amsterdam and London. Ideally individuals will come from current CFO Advisory Practices with 'Big Four' CFO Advisory practice experience. Candidates who have lived through significant 'strategy/transformation' financial projects are ideal. These individuals are 'Practice hires', not engagement hires, and will form the core of a global practice , providing high visibility in the firm.
Beyond the following elements, the candidates should have strong presentation capabilities, capable of presenting at the C-Suite level. Passion,energy level and a charismatic demeanor are 'must haves'. Financial/Banking domain expertise at the SME level is critical. Candidates should be able to articulate the elements in their resumes and provide 'case studies' of their accomplishments. Having 'revenue speak' capabilities is essential. Being able to succinctly understand a CFO's 'pain-points' is critical. 'Pre-sales' of CFO Advisory services will be a significant portion of the role (30-40%), but these are part of the 'delivery' organization. All candidates prior to being scheduled for face-to-face client interviews will be scheduled for a 30 minute Skype interview.
Candidates without any 'Big Four' account/audit background in their careers will not be qualified for these roles. Individuals should have risen to the Senior Manager/Director level with a Big Four firm to be appropriate for these roles. Individuals with a more recent corporate background must be at a 'divisional level'. POST MERGER INTEGRATION EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL!! All individuals should have significant 'strategy & transformation' experience, ideally involved in shared services, but other key experiences can be as follows:
· Strong execution-oriented financial/delivery background.
· Experience in Global Banking Services (excluding real estate, M&A and private equity)
· Strong BPO experience is a plus (resumes should provide detailed experience to substantiate BPO expertise.
· Financial Transformation (IT program management of financialprocesses)
· Background in F&A Business Consulting
· Global Banking Systems/Services background
· Strong Finance & Accounting domain experience
· Minimal 'job-hopping' – should have a consistent career progression
· Background in continuous improvement and value creation is a plus.
· Consistent career progression is a plus.
· Delivered analytics processes and systems background is a plus
Significant transaction-oriented, acquisition, IPO, private equity or real estate background is not of interest.
· Master's degree in Finance or Accounting
· CPA / CFA preferred
Experience in core Finance roles
· Minimum of 10+ years of progressive career in line Finance roles at a Financial institution – FP&A, Corporate reporting, SEC/Reg Reporting, Finance Assurance, other areas of Corporate Finance.
· Alternatively, 10+ years of finance transformation leadership experience with major consulting companies
· Prior company-wide ownership of financialprocesses in a financial institution – close and consolidation, ledger and sub-ledgerprocesses, master data management, risks and controls framework
· Prior practical experience in main areas of Record to Report (R2R) process (accounting, close & consolidation, transfer pricing/allocations, balance sheet substantiation, regulatory and management reporting, etc)
Program management and Change Leadership
· Demonstrated experience of program management and delivery of change management initiatives
· Experience with delivery of sizable Finance Transformation efforts on company-wide basis
· Demonstrated ability to partner with key technology stakeholders and external vendors on large technology implementations. Experience with large complex and cross organization projects
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels of the organization on a global basis
· Risk Excellence and Operational Excellence mindset with the ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines and goals
Understanding of Finance architecture and technology
· Broad understanding of Finance Technologysupporting Finance Processes
· Conceptual understanding of major blocks of Finance Architecture – GL platforms, sub-ledger technology, MDM solutions, workflow tools, etc.
· Familiarity with architectural concepts supporting key Finance activities
· Experience with implementation of Oracle EBS or SAP New GL platforms is a plus