As the Engagement Director, you will be responsible for delivering within specified time, cost, quality, and contract parameters and ensuring client satisfaction. Scope of responsibility includes oversight and management of multiple programs and/or products, leveraging various skill-sets ensuring a consistent usage of standard program management practices, under one umbrella. You will provide overall leadership, vision, strategic planning and oversight of the execution of plans to ensure successful delivery against the overall delivery roadmap. The Engagement Director role will give you the opportunity to exercise a wide variety of skills and experiences as this role blends program management, relationship management, and process improvement/organizational change skills into a delivery executive that is empowered to deliver on the promise of One Fiserv.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Formulates, gains alignment, and executes on program approach, end state vision and roadmap for the program.
- Builds and fosters a high performance matrix Fiserv team ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery through direct management and overall coordination of all programrelated projects and tracks of work.
- Builds and fosters client relationships and seen as a single point of escalation during implementation to build referenceable clients. Develops and maintains strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external (e.g. primary interface with the client program leadership) and internalkey stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Aligns the sales proposal, client expectations, Legal (Contract), Finance (Billing), and scope toensure the solution is effectively understood by all parties in terms of the solution to be delivered.
- Ensures a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes to support the transition from sales to delivery and from delivery to operational support.
- Establishes joint agreement of the foundational Engagement Control components including:
- Governance: Organizational alignment formalizing overall team structure, roles and responsibilities, and escalation procedures.
- Communication Plan: Framework with regard to how information is distributed; types of meetings (Fiserv and Fiserv/Client) and alignment of associated tools.
- Project/Program Management: Status Reporting, Integrated Schedule, Action & Issue, Risk, Decision and Change Management.
- Establishes mechanisms to set and manage expectations and ensure on-going control of the program.
- Determines, in collaboration with the management team, the delivery roadmap, staffing plan, roles, skills, and allocation of the delivery team. Determines if additional staffing is needed for meeting targeted program timelines and maintaining a program timeline with milestones. Communicates program information and status to the executives and stakeholders, and provides engagement oversight of the program related projects and tracks of work. Acts as internal point of coordination for discussions relating to approach and solution and is the primary escalation point prior toexecutive involvement.
- Champions the Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) process and the effective utilization of best practices in the field by coaching those filling the enterprise roles, business unit roles and the engagement project team. On a rotational basis, the Engagement Director will participate in ESD training activities and then work closely with field personnel to apply the practices consistently and in a way that ultimately changes behavior and becomes the standard practice in the organization. Ensure that methodology and approach are consistently implemented across the business.
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Job Related Experience:
- 7+ years leading large-scale delivery programs inclusive of development and integration.
- 7+ years of project management experience with at least 5 years of program management experience delivering large complex programs (portfolio of projects) with multiple project tracks.
- 5+ years of experience in custom software product development, systems integration, and/or software implementation services required with at least 5 years of systems integration experience.
- 5+ years of client facing consulting / professional services experience required with at least 3 years in a Program Management role.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders/customers across diverse groups.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office.
- 50% to client site, incremental for internal meetings as needed.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- PMP preferred.
- ITIL awareness.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- ERP experience a plus.
- Fiserv experience a plus.
- 2-5 years of Financial Services experience strongly preferred.
- Process management/improvement in the area of solution/implementation delivery methodologies strongly preferred.
- Varied and inconsistent by client site.
- Remote from home office.
Job ID 4724537