Comcast XCN is a high performing software engineering team primarily responsible for the research, development and operations of customer, network and fraud detection platforms in Comcast's Systems Engineering organization. We will be delivering a wide range of software products and services using big datasets and distributed frameworks for various enterprise systems and business partners in Comcast
You will be an integral part of an exceptionally talented team. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will build software products and services that handle billions of requests per day, while maintaining the response latencies in milliseconds and meeting strict SLA requirements. Responsibilities will also include Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Experience leading the delivery of high volume transactional systems.
-Experience leading the delivery of services and ideally large-scale distributed systems
-Experience in micro service architecture in cloud implementation.
-Experience with No SQL Databases.
-Technical expertise in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
-Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
-Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
-Candidate must have a strong customer focus
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience