In the Personalization team, we work on cutting-edge research in AI and machine learning to re-invent the customer experience. Using the large amount of data available to us, we build machine learning models that can help our customers find the content they love. Our team is responsible for building machine learning models for recommendation, personalization, and ranking.
As a key member of our team, you will be using your expertise in Machine Learning to tackle exciting problems such as: addressing fairness and bias in recommendation systems, using reinforcement learning to optimize long-term engagement metrics, using transformer models in recommendation systems, building multimodal models, etc.
A successful candidate will have extensive experience in building novel machine learning models and algorithms as part of PhD research experience or previous work experience as a machine learning researcher. Experience with one of the machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow or Pytorch is also required.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Participate in groundbreaking research that has impact on our products and customers.
- Apply your machine learning expertise to train models, validate the accuracy of those models, and deploy the validated models into production.
- Contribute to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Publishing scientific papers and giving external talks is highly encouraged.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Nice to have:
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Extensive background in machine learning.
- Experience with recommendation systems is a plus, but not required.
- Strong coding and software development skills.
- Experience with at least one of the Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch is preferred.