Energy & Utilities Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Job Number : 80828
Division : Engineering
My Client has an opening in the Longview, WA operations. This position reports to the VP of Operations/Mill Manager and is lead for the E/U Department. This position is responsible for the safe and reliable supply of theutilities for the Longview site as well as the chemical recovery process.
Principal Job Responsibilities/Duties:
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
• Responsibility for the safety performance of all employees and contractors in the E&U area
• Ensures that safety systems are in place, followed, and enforced
• Ensures that operating procedures are in place, followed, and enforced
• Ensures that training systems are in place, followed, and maintained
• Maintains high expectations and standards around housekeeping
• Accountable for area environmental performance
• Direct supervision of area supervisors and process owners. The operations group consists of approximately 45 hourly operators and 10 salaried positions.
• Accountable for efficient operations of the E/U department and responsible for meeting mill production targets
• Accountable for managing all department operating costs.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability throughout the E/U areas.
• Works to identify and promote key area capital expenditures in efforts to reduce costs and improve reliability
Technical Skills Required:
• Minimum of ten (10) years papermill experience, preferably leading in an Energy & Utilities department
• Degreed engineer preferably chemical, mechanical or related degree
• Reputation as being a team player and expects the same
• Good process and facilitation skills
• Able to resolve conflicts
• Strong leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong customer Focus
• Driven for results
• Skilled at planning large outages
• Focus on developing direct reports