Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 41 days ago
This role may be responsible for one or more of the following:
• Support the Account Director in delivery of responsibilities related to client portfolio.
• Work collaboratively with peer managers in Technical Services, GSC Infrastructure and Environmental and Occupational Safety Management.
• Execute the management strategy outlined by the client and defined by the Director of Technical Services and C&W Center of Excellence Leads.
• Provide leadership in the delivery and execution of approved sustainability initiatives.
• Design, and at client request deliver a plan to obtain ISO 14001 certification for the site and maintain program throughout the portfolio.
• Work closely with client’s corporate energy and sustainability team to plan, develop, maintain and / or report on the following programs:
o Corporate Green House Gas Reporting
o Energy Procurement
o Corporate Shuttle Program
o Commuter Discount Program
o Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
o Corporate Recycling Program including project waste recycling.
o Capital Energy Projects
o Energy Star Program Participation
o Earth Day Planning
• Support all regulatory, internal and client audit requirements and targets. Remediate findings and maintain evidence of closed and accepted risks.
• Research and evaluate options, present recommendations, and implement programs for reducing energy usage, related conservation programs, and their related costs, for the portfolio.
• Report on corporate sustainability goals, energy metrics, and other key performance indicators.
• Become familiar with web-based integrated building monitoring and control interface system, and oversee its continued development and maintenance
• Drive design and delivery of communication and engagement strategies to increase employee knowledge of sustainability
• Monitor and report on performance against internal and external Service Level Agreements. Provide periodic reporting as required to meet service delivery requirements for the client.
• Partner with respective work streams (Workplace, Finance and Project Management) to enable decision support and key customer insights through web tracking metrics.
• Share successes and failures with C&W leadership team members as it relates to planning, executing, communicating, and receiving client feedback.
• Manage the Environmental and Occupational Safety function. Comply with OSHA, EPA and all other AHJ relating to program inspections, audits and reporting. Execute EOS related maintenance and testing requirements.
• Provide technical support, mentoring and training to the account team in the energy & sustainability field.
• Develop and maintain an energy sustainability program. Leverage systems for maximum efficiency, propose and implement energy projects. Report on savings and efficiency opportunities, consumption variances and alternative energy opportunities.
• Prepare PowerPoint packages or presentations for both internal and external reporting tracking
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
2. Technical Skills
3. Customer Relationship Management
4. Organization Design & Management Skills
5. Communication (oral and written)
6. Financial Management
7. Matrix Organization / Business Partner Skills
8. Presentation Skills
9. Business Acumen
• Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience required, most in environmental management.
• Previous corporate management responsibilities.
• Prior experience with ISO 14001 (Environmental) and ISO 55001 (Asset Management) a plus.
• Proficient in MS office applications, particularly Excel, Word, MS Outlook and the use of e-mail with minimum proficiency in Power Point.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to facilitate meetings with senior management and client.
• Team player who works well with others in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Possess technical domain knowledge
• Skilled in financial analysis and knowledge of financial concepts
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. May be required to travel outside between client sites in varying weather conditions.