As an Energy Solutions Development Specialist at JCI, you will design conceptual solutions that contain a broad set of JCI capabilities as appropriate for the customer’s requirements. You will manage the development of a compelling business case for the proposed scope of work. Finally, you will lead and manage the development of projects utilizing engineering resources and subject matter experts to efficiently and cost effectively deliver projects on-time and on-budget. How you will do it:
- Develop the initial Order of Magnitude assessment during the qualify phase.
- Act as primary point of contact for Market Team throughout project development.
- On large, complex, or “high opportunity” projects, lead teams of subject matter experts, pool development engineers, and strategic partners to establish the conceptual solution, accurately develop it within projected costs and schedule, and provide a final solution consistent with customer’s procurement process.
- Prepare preliminary business case analyses quantifying benefits of the proposed solution.
- Network with JCI Market Team Area General Manager to leverage solution approaches developed and propose innovative solutions to reduce development cycle time and expense.
- Participate in Target Account Selling (TAS) reviews starting in the Qualify phase.
- Work with the regional management to ensure that the appropriate individuals are involved from Sales, Project Development, and Operations to ensure a smooth transition through project development and into Installation.
- Assist Market Team in presenting the business case to the customer throughout the solution development process.
- Participate in appropriate professional organizations and build relationships within customer organizations.
- Identify and document new solution approaches and support the team in exchanging knowledge and applying best practices.
What we look for: Desired competencies/behaviours:
- You are a team player and a strategic problem solver.
- You take pride in maintaining the highest levels of quality and productivity, even when working under pressure.
- You take ownership of issues and have a knack for solving complex problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Quality, productivity and customer satisfaction are your highest priorities.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years minimum experience.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or a related field desirable.
- 5+ years experience in engineering, construction, and facility operations.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of building-related systems and services.
- Demonstrated experience and the skills and comfort level required to be a key part of a Market Team.
- Strong project management skills for managing large development projects with diverse resources.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Strong conceptual skills required for developing innovative solution designs.
- Strong team leader, able to quickly assemble and manage a solution development team as required.
- Excellent business analysis skills to create compelling business cases.
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, primarily within the designated region.