Essential Job Functions
- Coach / Motivate and bring direct leadership to ensure performance of the regional sales team.
- Appropriately manage the underlying activities needed to achieve or exceed margin and profitability goals for the region. (e.g. prospecting, pipeline management, etc.).
- Identify potential issues that would impact the ability of ENGIE Resources to meet regional goals and work with the Regional Vice President of PJM Sales to resolve such issues in a manner exhibiting strong business acumen and teamwork.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to optimize growth and profitability.
- Recruit, hire, lead and retain a strong regional sales team.
- Responsible for managing the utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) system, including frequency of use, accuracy of information, and internal transition of customer account information from sales to account management.
- Coordinate with Regional Vice President of PJM Sales to examine market statistics and trends and diagnose problems and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Regional Vice President of PJM Sales and Supply team to provide market feedback as to competitiveness.
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedure
- Essential functions to perform the job
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge of common spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel), including pivot tables and charting, Tabular data modeling(e.g. Power BI)
- Ability to edit databases and perform basic queries, and to work with data warehouses and other relational database storage environments
- Ability to develop custom approaches to capitalize on opportunities that drive the success of the organization
- Ability to build relationships with non-Business Operations functions such as Sales, IT, and Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skill
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc
- Could involve some lifting, up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel, via car or airplane.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with preference to an MBA.
- Thorough knowledge of sales planning, sales presentations, strategic and tactical selling skills and contract negotiations.
- Minimum 10 years sales experience, with direct sales leadership experience in energy markets.