Energy Sales Consultant
Preferred cities: Milwaukee, Madison, Sheboygan, Chicago, Minneapolis
Department of Energy estimates that 58% of all energy consumed by Industrial businesses is wasted due to inefficiencies, processes, and equipment. Wasmer aims to help these clients identify and act on solutions to resolve these challenges.
Wasmer's unique sales process helps clients to develop energy reduction programs with the intent to reduce costs, improve internal-external marketability and increase revenue.
For almost 10 years, Wasmer partners with business owners to provide comprehensive energy audits of facilities, determining the specific efficiency opportunities unique to the business. The company then proposes a custom solution of offerings that are clear cut, actionable, and measurable. As a full-service firm, Wasmer implements the entire solution, educating stakeholders and employees on measurable Return on Investment (ROI) as well as other benefits, tied directly to energy consumption. Wasmer fosters a team environment in which sales professionals are set up for success with training, resources, collaborative experts, and many happy existing clients to provide case studies. Our ideal clients have facilities with challenging environments such as, but not limited to paper mills, foundries and food manufacturing facilities. Their facilities consume a high amount of electricity, natural gas, and/or water and they are motivated to improve their operation to reduce the expenditures related to these resources.
The Wasmer Energy Sales Consultant is a services-focused professional who effectively educates leaders and decision makers on opportunities for improvement within their facilities, with the goal of improving work environment quality, creating and designing solutions that result in significant cost savings related to utilities, regulatory, labor and safety. Energy Consultants take clients from design to implementation of a full solution, unique to each client's needs. Collaboration is key as Energy Consultants are a part of a team-based selling process, looping in engineers and electricians to aid in the proposal and close deals.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Join and impact a growing company in an emerging market.
- Work for a company that is regarded as an industry expert.
- Opportunity is just waiting for the right energy sales consultant to tap into it.
- Competitive compensation and incentives.
- Work as a team, collaborating with others, to get in the door and make the sale.
- Wasmer is focused on providing quality services and products that impact their client's business by providing great cost savings with measurable ROI.
- Training specific to the industry and Wasmer.
- In addition to utilizing well your consultative sales skills and influencing ability, you will also flex your educator skills to present on the service offerings and how the Wasmer solution has impacted the business and will continue to provide and sustain cost savings as well as improving the working environment for employees.
- Clients are well-known, reputable.
- These initiatives positively impact both the client's business and the environment.
- In many cases, your business proposal would be allowing our client's business to utilize Federal financing programs that they did not know exist for this purpose.
- Proactively and deliberately follow the client centric sales process, including learning about our client's unique circumstances, corporate goals and objectives, delivering appropriate proposals.
- Apply the knowledge gained from each client to facilitate productive follow through so that customized and exceptional client service is provided.
- Identify new business opportunities through regular and proactive communication with new and existing clients.
- Respond to client needs and requests in a timely manner.
- Conduct detailed facility surveys identifying additional opportunities and collecting useful information to enable an accurate proposal/project design.
- Coordinate and complete technology demonstrations to showcase new products or solutions that meet client's challenges.
- Collaborate with peers across the company to ensure that all client requests and needs are addressed fully and accurately.
- Work closely with the Project Management Team so that the most accurate and applicable information is shared with each client.
- Resolve client grievances systematically, starting independently and escalating (involving management) when required, so that the client is satisfied to the best of the company's ability.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third-party influencers in the industry such as: manufacturers, incentives management entities, trade alliances, etc., to continually educate oneself and to keep current with product/industry knowledge.
- Maintain up-to-date information in company's CRM platform, utilizing it as a template for sales procedures and time frames to lead to successful sales.
- Assist with other duties as requested so that all operations run smoothly.
- Requires regular travel to new and existing clients.
- Travel may vary upon working a focused territory vs. focusing on specific national accounts.
Your success will be measured based on your impact in ensuring company's profitable outcome, such as:
- Making progress with current clients to find additional opportunities at existing or other facilities.
- Prospecting to find new clients who could best benefit from a Wasmer' solution.
- Meeting and exceeding agreed upon metrics and sales goals.
- Accurately assessing and identifying client's objectives and needs.
- Comprehensive site analysis information gathered, communicated and presented to the Project Design/Project Management Teams.
- Ensure that the final proposal and BOM satisfy client's needs and goals and meets/exceeds approved sales margins.
- Business-to-business sales experience.
- Consultative sales experience, particularly with selling service offerings.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to travel to client locations, including holding a valid driver's license.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Previous sales training (e.g. Miller Heiman, Sandler, other).
- Experience with energy efficient measures, philosophies, products, assessment, or improvements.
- Experience with LED lighting, VFDs (variable frequency drives) and other types of capital equipment used in operational and facility settings.
- Organizational skills and enthusiasm for effectively managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationship with peers and clients.
- Associate's degree in business or other related discipline or equivalent related industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Competitive combination of base + commission
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Relocation package is not necessary as location of candidate is negotiable
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.