In our Energy Practice, we understand that the energy landscape is evolving. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use it. Navigant collaborates with energy industry clients to help them build, manage, and protect their business’ value. We help our clients anticipate where the energy industry is headed and how they can improve performance, grow, and address consumer and regulatory demands.
Our experts’ unparalleled depth of industry experience provides insight into business models, regulatory processes, pricing, supply and demand
dynamics, market design, fuel sourcing, financing, technologies, and operations. The breadth of our industry knowledge offers a full range of solution offerings, from insights to strategy and on to implementation. We provide sustainable results to help our clients thrive in an ever-changing environment.
The Key Accounts Director will contribute to business growth in Navigant’s Energy Practice in the western U.S. through selling, managing, and delivering strategic advisory, business planning, program design, and program implementation services, with a primary focus on utilities.
This position is designed to support Navigant Consulting’s Energy practice primarily in the following areas:
- Develop/expand long-term, utility client relationships at senior executive levels that will lead to sole-sourced and repeat business
- Leading the pursuit and close of new consulting engagements
- Building deep, trusted advisor relationships with senior executives at key utility clients
- Leading internal utility key account teams in developing and executing on strategic plans to further expand senior-level relationships and grow top-line and bottom-line financial results
- Productively collaborating with other senior consulting professionals, including dedicated business development directors, across Navigant’s Energy practice to cross-sell and deliver a broad range of Energy industry advisory and program implementation services
- Providing mentoring to junior level staff
- Managing all aspects of utility client relationships and engagement delivery, including soliciting client feedback and providing appropriate responses and changes to future relationship and business development efforts
- Preparing and delivering reports, presentations, and other documents in support of business development and program delivery meetings, workshops, and conference calls
- Executive-level energy business experience with a deep background in the energy and/or utility industry including the ability to articulate major U.S. energy industry trends, policies, regulations, and industry structure
- Proven track record in successfully achieving business development (BD) goals associated with advisory and program implementation services (will need to provide details regarding financial BD goals and accomplishments)
- Demonstrated senior-executive relationships with major utilities in the western U.S.
- Proven experience in developing and executing key account strategies
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-confidence, self-motivation, and determination
- Highly developed organizational and management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of an organization
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Ability to travel, often extensively, and to work overtime hours as needed
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location