This role is for either the Chandler, AZ or Dallas TX areas.
This is a commissioned based technical sales position, where you will evangelize Intel technologies to win client, server, and infrastructurearchitectures in focused Energy vertical accounts (key end-users, system integrators, and OEMs). You will offer compelling and cohesive technical solutions based on Intel products and platforms, engaging early in the end-user project or eco-system design cycle and supporting the efforts of the direct or indirect sales team. As an Industry Technology Specialist (ITS), you will be an integral part of the local Industry Sales Group, partnering withAccount Executives (AEs) to drive preference for Intel Architecture (IA) within your defined territory. You will partner with the Energy AEs and eco system partners to develop strategies and tactics to influence end customers to adopt IA within their IT and Line of Business solutions. Also tasked to help ensure IA success indirectly, through Fellow Travelers (ISVs, SI, MNCs or OEMs). Building relationships with key decision makers and become their technology advisor is essential to success with this role. By developing a deep understanding of their business model and technical obstacles, and demonstrating how these can be solved through the use of Intel-based products and solutions.
Other key aspects to this role:
- Lead the technical pre-sales phase by engaging with the end customer or the OEM technical leaders to drive awareness and early adoption of new Intel technologies, platforms, and products.
- Provide training on the latest IA technologies for the Technical Sales Force of our fellowtravelers (MNCs, OEMs, ISVs, SIs etc.) in order to scale our technical messaging.
- Create excitement about and demonstrate the value of new technologies through technical conferences and presentations (sometimes including to the press).
- Be involved with collaborative project work for trials or proof of concepts.
- Collaborate with technical academic, government, and partner audiences to address design challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or applications support, preferably with Intel Architecture CPUs, boards and/or systems.
Additional Profile Characteristics Preferred
- Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers.
- Understanding of enterprise solutions, corporate IT infrastructures, Intel architecture and competitive solutions.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to envision next-generation approaches to business issues, working multiple angles to a solution, including partnerships, providers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate Intel's hardware, software, and solutions strategies and roadmap for Cloud, Storage/Memory, Client and IoT.
- Technical competence in Energy IT solutions and communications infrastructure, including knowledge of databases, clustering technologies, operating systems (Linux, Microsoft), application software, tools, compilers, libraries, networking and IA Cloud, Big Data and IoT platforms
Job ID: JR0072091