More information about this job
RDK, an NV5 company, is currently accepting applications for an Energy Engineer/Sustainability Specialist. This person will work directly with the fast growing and dynamic Energy & Sustainability Group based out of Boston, MA. The position is ever-evolving and will be adapted to the individual.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
- Travel to sites to perform surveys and audits
- Provide energy modeling support as needed
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing findings
- Assist project teams with LEED & WELL / FitWel documentation
- Develop customized data analytics for various tasks
- Work with electric and gas utility incentive programs
- Act as lead engineer on various projects
- Manage client relationships; internally across NV5 and also externally
- Assist with lead generation, proposal development and contract management
- Assist with process improvement, group operations and overall growth of the group
- Help drive Energy & Sustainability initiatives across the company; I.E., Committee work, Sustainability Report, Earth Week Competition, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5years’ of industry experience in the Energy/HVAC/Sustainability Consulting field
- Dedicated interest in energy systems, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable practices for new and existing buildings
- Willingness and adaptability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Strong writing, communication, and computer skills
- Ability to travel locally as needed, and nationally if interested
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with building energy modeling and simulation software preferred, such as: Carrier HAP, TRANE TRACE, Quest (DOE 2.1), EnergyPlus OpenStudio and DesignBuilder
- Familiarity with typical mechanical systems in commercial and industrial facilities preferred
- Understanding of HVAC system operation and associated Analytical Modeling preferred
- Familiarity with LEED and WELL Certification Programs preferred.