Measurement & Verification Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Energy / Measurement & Verification Engineer to work on Energy Performance Contracting projects in New England.
****This role can sit in various areas of New England. Relocation assistance is available.
• Development & implementation of Measurement & Verification (M&V) plans for ESPC projects.
• Provide M&V support to the development team during the Company's response to RFPs/RPQs for ESPCs.
• Help estimate M&V cost at different levels of performance contracts.
• Review bid/contract packages for quality assurance and making sure that M&V requirements are properly identified.
• Coordinate M&V activities with Energy Analyst (EA), M&V Risk Specialist, Solution Development Engineer (SDE), Project Construction Manager (PM), design and commissioning engineers during proposal, energy audit, design, construction and commissioning periods.
• Interface with SDE for review of design intent and savings calculations.
• Participate in data collection and performance verification of retrofitted equipment.
• Conduct on-site spot measurements and short-term data collection during construction and post-retrofit periods as required.
• Building or campus energy systems baseline development and baseline adjustments.
• Energy management control systems operational and programming code analysis for system optimization and commissioning.
• Make recommendations to Local Service/Sales teams for improved customer support, and assist with contract retention strategies and tools for recapturing cancelled customers.
• Determine shortfall, contract payouts, and forecast payouts. Notify Local Service/Sales teams of potential savings shortfall, coordinate form of guarantee shortfall makeup, and closeout customer receipt/acceptance of annual performance period.
• Maintain all customer records related to energy performance contracts.
• Prepare savings guarantee, energy analysis, and/or presentations for various contract customers.
• Deliver and explain savings and energy analysis results to customers.
• Prepare customer Meeting Reports to document all agreements and needed actions.
• Resolve customer issues and avoid litigation through problem resolution and negotiation.
• Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment.
• This position will have diverse accountability for multiple customers at various locations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in Engineering and energy savings calculations for performance contracting.
• Knowledge of M&V protocols and guidelines (like FEMP and IPMVP).