Saxum is an integrated marketing communications firm offering strategic communications across all channels with expertise including public relations, advertising and digital, built to help clients elevate their brands and reputations. We are a diverse and dynamic agency of thinkers, doers, drivers and make it happen-ers.
Saxum offers professional and personal benefits, including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, generous PTO, profit sharing, IRA retirement plan, flex time, telecommuting days and other benefits.
The client lead oversees energy accounts; often managing other client team members assigned to his/her accounts. The client lead manages or helps manage the day-to-day direction of campaigns, integrated marketing communication strategies and client relationships all while staying within client budgets. The lead also has the opportunity to participate in new business activities for potential clients. Client leads often do hands-on work but also oversee other staff members assigned to his/her client teams.
- Engage in frequent contact with clients, offer strategic counsel, and build and maintain trusting and productive client relationships
- Develop and manage strategic plans for client accounts
- Maintain a high-level perspective on clients’ opportunities to engage in effective strategic marketing through advertising, media relations, and stakeholder engagement functions including public affairs, internal communications, and community relations
- Determine direction of accounts, with senior management input on strategic long-range planning
- Handle short-term tactical planning
- Make decisions that move the account forward
- Handle specific tactical work for clients personally
- Direct activities of others working on the account
- Work to become a trusted extension of client internal team and company structure
- Keep clients informed on account status
- Finalize all written materials
- Ensure visual elements support client business objectives
- Participate in new business pitches as assigned
- Mentor and provide troubleshooting support to a team of client service professionals of different experience levels, and work closely with digital, creative and project management team members
- Plan development sessions, including specific sessions aimed at educating staff on the complexities of the energy industry
- Continually measure and ensure results
- Provide quality control
- Maintain team productivity
- Lead client team meetings, internal and external
- Delegate mindfully to ensure work is distributed fairly among team members
- Manage direct reports including touch base meetings, annual evaluations and goal setting, and provide frequent feedback
- Set example for others by helping maintain Saxum’s culture by placing priority on Saxum’s values
Administration and budget management
- Working with project managers, monitor client budgeting and profitability; intervene with client when necessary to establish priorities
- Accountable for profitability on accounts/team members reporting to you
- Assist with monitoring account loads and staffing projections
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working with others, problem-solving and creating value for clients. Excellent writing (including AP style), media relations, project management, strategic thinking, relationship management, event coordination, communications and presentation skills are important. Candidates must be committed to delivering results that drive clients’ business goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Track record of media relations success (preferably national business and financial)
- Experience in energy industry
- Experience managing/leading multiple projects and/or accounts
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with multiple verticals within the energy industry
- Familiarity or experience with communication around financial transactions (e.g. M&A), energy policy, and/or investor communications.
- Comfort with basic social media strategies and best practices
- Prior agency experience
- Experience implementing strategies for both B2B and B2C clients
- Understanding of digital communication strategies
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in integrated marketing communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or related field
- Education: Bachelor's degree is required for this position. Major or field of study preferably in public relations, communications, marketing, advertising or related field
- Programs/Software: Proficient in all Microsoft office products and standard PC software and must be a proficient typist. Knowledge of various social media platforms, Advantage and Basecamp software a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics: We’re seeking an energetic, positive, talented, highly-motivated and creative individual with a strong work ethic. Applicant must work well in a fast-paced, team environment under demanding deadlines and have excellent time management skills.