Job Description WGL Energy Services Business Development Mgr will be responsible for commodity (electricity and natural gas), renewable energy, and energy efficiency origination sales to medium and large commercial, industrial, or public sector customers.
Note: Position requires up to 40% regional travel.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Identify prospects and develops contacts with high-level decision makers in current and potential customer organizations.
• Cultivate on-going, positive customer relationships with current and potential commercial and public sector customers.
• Develop energy plans and strategies for customers, prepares and gives sales presentations and closes sales transactions according to company policies.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of each customer’s business objectives and price risk tolerances.
• Collaborate with internal company resources to develop energy hedging strategies that match the customer’s needs.
• Negotiate pricing and other terms with clients and internal company resources.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of sales experience: energy sales experience preferred; in particular, sales of competitive commodity, energy efficiency and/or renewable energy.
• Ability to travel throughout our service territory (MD, DC, PA, VA, DE) as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and solve broadly-defined business problems with innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse internal and external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and project management skills to manage multiple clients and tight timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (listen, negotiate, convince) effectively, including the ability to persuade and diffuse tense situations.
• Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups, C-level executives and senior decision makers. Travel requirements up to 40% and may consist of consecutive days/nights.
WGL policy prohibits employee and applicant discrimination and harassment. Specifically, our objective is to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, or status as a protected veteran.
Auto req ID 961BR