We are looking for Endpoint Engineer for our client in Clinton, NJ
Job Title: Endpoint Engineer
Job Location: Clinton, NJ
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Operational responsibility for the endpoint management infrastructure utilizing:
- Microsoft SCCM, WSUS, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365
- Design and implement technology solutions for internal customers, and participate in the testing and evaluation of new technologies.
- Work with the Endpoint Operations Manager to build and execute the vision and strategy for the endpoint environment, including emerging technology, new technical solutions, software, and hardware.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert or technical resource for projects to deploy various technologies.
- Assist the operation of a secure and optimized infrastructure by maintaining PC health, through the deployment of client patches and application updates, and reporting thereof.
- Identify, remediate, and report on security alerts (viruses, malware, compliance, etc.).
- Assist in software inventory management, and adhere to software licensing compliance.
- Strategize, advise, implement, and support strategic end-user computing solutions, as assigned.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Key contributor to the operational effectiveness of the endpoint infrastructure, architecture, and deployment.
- Provide technical guidance and training to team members.
- Lead or participate on a variety of cross-functional teams to proactively address support issues.
- Work closely with peers, senior staff, and leadership to ensure goals are achieved.
- Follow up on outstanding issues with project teams, strategic business partners and leadership.
- Work independently with minimal guidance while simultaneously being a collaborative team member striving for team success.
- Deliver regular status updates to project teams and leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement of systems and processes, as well as generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or trending issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Management & Administration
- Mitigate risk, and provide consistency and dependability by adhering to policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for all endpoint solutions, code, configurations and processes.
- Act as an escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Utilize strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes/tasks until final objectives are completed.
- Advise on and meet project schedules and timelines. .
Skills Required :
- Experience with troubleshooting and administration of Chrome devices.
- Support/administration of Windows7 in a enterprise environment managed via centralized administration tools
- Experience directly utilizing SCCM or comparable software, specifically with regard to tasks such as software package delivery and the creation of collections, queries, advertisements, and reports.
- Experience working directly with managed anti-virus and encryption platforms.
- Experienceworking with printer queues and driver management in a Windows server/client environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.
- Ability to interface directly with internal customers, peer IT support teams, and all levels of management.
- Have proven knowledge of desktop management activities.
- Experience in defining/generating reports and metrics.
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member; have an excellent work ethic.
Preferred Skills & Credentials
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 R2.
- Experience with Chromebook deployment for the enterprise
- Conceptual knowledge of virtual desktop technologies (CITRIX)
- Experience administering Windows Server printer queues.