Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develop software solutions. Designs or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Repackages, customizes, and deploys COTS (common off the shelf) software to users. Manages software related projects and acts as a lead/mentor to fellow team members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Consults with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Supports and configures enterprise wide applications and databases.
- Participates in projects to roll out new applications as well as patches or upgrades to existing applications.
- Communicates with end-users; research, resolve, respond to and document their issues and resolutions.
- Acts as subject matter expert for applications and programs.
- Manages and modifies group policy and user configuration.
- Repackages and deploys applications to users.
- Manages software related projects.
- Acts as a mentor to fellow team members
- Attends Change Approval Board weekly meetings and provides input as necessary.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for Enterprise technology solutions.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum RequirementsAdditional InformationMinimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 7+ years in a PC or Applications support role
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent client interaction skills required as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of standard enterprise computing environments.
- Formal process design and implementation experience
- Broad knowledge of telecommunications, network, and desktop operating system and software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively listen; to include technical and non-technical information.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision