We are currently seeking an End-User Services Senior Manager! The Senior Manager of End-User Services is responsible for managing a staff of End-User Services personnel in the planning, design, development, configuration, implementation and adoption of shore side and shipboard End-User Services solutions.
The End-User Services team is responsible for analyzing, configuring, testing and insuring proper implementation of End-User Services and related systems. This will involve assessing and providing recommendations and design documentation related to the configuration, performance, availability, capacity End-User Services and hardware.
This role coordinates with other OneIT Teams and Service Providers to plan the support and maintenance/upgrades of the End-User Services. This includes evaluating and making recommendations on proposed and enhancements to the existing services and hardware.
This role works collaboratively with operations teams/service providers to design the approaches to be used to measure performance, utilization and capacity End-User Services and hardware.
This role collaborates with the Director of End-User Experiences, IT leaders and Project Management Office to ensure understanding of business cases and to ensure that the End-User Services and Hardware will meet the business need. This role also supports the development and execution of a benefits realization plan for End-User Services projects. The role is accountable for End-User Services & hardware Roadmaps and Technology Standards.
This role will recommend and oversee approved projects that expand, change, or improve End-User Services. They will ensure their organization maintains an understanding of the IT & Security Polices, Procedure that pertains to End-User Services.
This role will support cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications with staff throughout the OneIT and Global IT organization, as well as promoting a positive work environment that supports consistency and drives efficiency throughout the organization.
End-User Services planning:
- Research, recommend & evaluate End-User Services products & tools.
- Develop and execute on End-User strategies that improve and enhance end-users productivity and methods for collaboration.
- Manage activities related to End-user Education and Adoption of End-User Services.
- Responsible for designing and publishing Road Maps for End-User Services and hardware.
- Manage continual service improvements plans for End-User Services & hardware.
- Responsible for creating, publishing and maintaining Standards & Policies related to End-User Services.
- Forecast & Manage budget items related to End-User Services.
End-User Services Design and Selection
- Manage the effort to plan, architect and design the End-User Services, including the tools, services & hardware required to support new business requirements.
- Responsible for selecting products, services & hardware based upon evaluation and in alignment with the published collaboration strategy.
- Manage effort with IT to ensure that End-user software, tools & hardware interacts appropriately, systems software and data conversion impacts are considered and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance & cost requirements.
- Ensure solutions will meet the business needs.
- Ensure End-User Services adhere to Global & Brand IT Infrastructure standards and security policies.
End-User Services Development
- Provide leadership and vision to the End-User Services group in alignment with Global & Brand IT standards.
- Manage the team's efforts to develop and configure End-user software, tools & hardware from conceptualization through stabilization for all End-user services.
- Provide direction to IT managed services team when required to test, debug, analyze performance or troubleshoot issues.
- Review and approve documentation related to End-user services.
End-User Services Implementation
- Manage and/or direct effort by IT managed services teams to implement End-user services software, tools & hardware (i.e. Build & Acceptance to Run documentation, Knowledge Base Articles, etc.).
- Manage the team's effort to implement pilots, test plans to test new hardware and/or functionality. Using information gathered from the exercise, plan and manage strategies for successful deployment and adoption.
- Ensure that all implementation and customization of supported desktop operating systems and utilities are well documented for implementation and support.
- Ensure that the Disaster Recovery mechanisms and documentation are in place post implementation.
End-User Services Maintenance
- Manage planning of all activities associated with the support and maintenance of the End-User Services software, tools & hardware.
- Ensure the team is providing guidance to IT Managed Services support group for critical operational issues related to software, tools & hardware.
- Recommend technical strategies and solutions to IT Managed Services group to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Review, provide feedback and approve Root Cause Analysis reports for major systems outages as related to End-User Services.
Performance and Capacity Management
- Responsible for managing a staff of End-User Services personnel in the planning, design, development, configuration, implementation and adoption of shore side and shipboard End-User Services solutions.
- Manage capacity planning information provided IT Managed Services provider.
- Manage End-User service refresh and asset management.
- Responsible for efforts related to the procurement & disposal of assets.
- Work collaboratively with IT Managed Services provider to establish correct dataset which need to be gathered to report on growth and service utilization.
- Oversees performance measurement indicators for End-User service and responsible to work collaborative with IT operations / Service provider to maintain expected targets.
- Manage capacity & refresh plans for End-User Services.
- Fosters coordination with Architects, other Engineering groups, and Managed Services Providers & vendors to ensure systems tuning recommendations are developed and implemented to continually improve on services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 10 years of professional IT experience within IT End-User computing, 5+ years in IT Enterprise End-User Computing architecture/engineering, implementing/ managing complex End-User solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and related services, automated desktop and mobile application deployment methodologies. Management of virtualized enterprise systems server and services required, Management of complex integrated services between operating environments required.
- Strong knowledge of systems quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of core Enterprise End-User System technologies including: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, Citrix, VPN and web-proxy services.
- Extensive knowledge of Application Virtualization, Windows Installer and modern packaging services (i.e. MSIX).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. VB, C, Powershell) Knowledge of AdminStudio for application automation & packaging.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office365, Microsoft Active Directory , Microsoft Azure service & Azure Active Directory Services.
- Extensive knowledge of Mobile Device Management products and strategies, unified communication including instant messaging & video conferencing technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of client management technologies (i.e. System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, MDT, AIK) as well as of processes used to upgrade Strong understanding of cloud integration for collaboration and client technology, network hardware, protocols, standards and deploy enterprise end-user hardware & software.
- Ability to manage according to the organization's goals and objectives.
- Experience in leading and managing across geographically disperses locations.
- Strong customer-service orientation, organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in multi-tasking ; Able to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Project Management experience is required. Experience managing Cloud based services. Knowledge of SharePoint, Exchange, Skype, confluence.
- 3+ years leading a team.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.