DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
DISH Wireless is seeking an E2E Design Engineer with solid voice, data, messaging, regulatory and mobile roaming experience.
Will be responsible for analyzing requirements, design and verification of DISH Mobile network including, but not limited to Core, IMS, IP Transport, Telecom, RAN, Network Security and cloud portions of the network. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to Design and implement a containerized 5G standalone 5G Network. This role reports to the Senior Manager of E2E Design and Performance for DISH Wireless and may require some travel.
In this role, you will:
- Plan and Design E2E 5G SA network on a containerized platform
- Work as a E2E solution architect to create detailed Design documents covering all Network Elements including RAN, Transport, Core, IMS, OSS/BSS, Orchestration and security aspects of the network
- Develop acceptance test plan for E2E testing of our 5G network
- Define the overall architecture, external interfaces and detailed functional description of the solution
- Work with OEM vendors to plan and execute design strategies
- Work with Regions, Markets and other teams to provide Best Practices and training to implement the design
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong understanding of Open RAN, Standalone 5G Core, IMS, Transport, Telecom, RF, Network Security and Cloud Networks
- Strong and proven record of end-to-end design and development of 5G/4G network
- Minimum B.S. Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 8 plus years of experience in mobile networks on 5G/4G/3G technologies
- Strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep understanding of 3GPP standards, O-ORAN specifications, networking, cloud platform and Orchestration
- Familiarity with Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, SDH, SONET, optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks
Compensation: $74,700.00/Yr. - $103,850.00/Yr.
As part of the national team, you will get an excellent opportunity to work on latest 5G Open-RAN networks implemented on a containerized platform. It will be a rare opportunity to make real impact in shaping Mobile Networks of the future.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.