The successful candidate will be a member of the EMS Relationship Management Team responsible for driving all commercial aspects with Contract Manufacturers to actively coordinate Sourcing Strategies, RFQs, claim mitigation and all other aspects of our commercial relationships in coordination with key stakeholders within Supply Chain Operations, Product Line Management, Design and others with the objective of enabling supply chain performance, Agility and best in class customer delivery performance> Areas of responsibilities includes all Ciena Class A, Class B products as well as Services like Repair & Return and/or Distribution
The role / What you will do at Ciena:
- Negotiate, review and approve monthly product price files. Ensure new products/releases, new pricing agreements, etc. are included in price files and help resolve all issues
- Coordinate all claims resolution (Ciena’s or Contract manufacturers). Review PPV/Reval/True-up/E&O and any other ad hoc claims, initiate claims and provide guidance and resolve issues
- Review monthly Vendor Drive and identify all Cost Reductions opportunities and ensure alignment with contract Manufacturer.
- Coordinate quotations for NPI products
- Provide Transformation cost input to Product Cost Team
- Manage Product RFQs, including multi CM initiatives
- Provide supporting data for Ops reviews and established dashboard
- Provide input to Budget and Outlook for all product lines, ensure our Cost Reductions commitments are fully aligned
- Achieve Test Time Reduction initiatives working with our test Engineering’s team
- Manage Contractual amendments and updates
- Provide a first escalation point for all issues
- Drive quarterly Supplier controlled items Cost Reduction
- Provides Benchmark analysis and guidance
- Candidate must foster strong working relationships with other Contract Manufacturers and internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, Product Line Management & Design) to maintain best in class support and supply to Ciena.
- Candidate must enable frequent communications with partners to ensure constant alignment of priorities between the supplier and Ciena while addressing any concerns from a pricing, support, quality and service level.
- Coordinate/Drive regular Supplier follow-ups with the support of various internal stakeholders to ensure areas of concern are addressed and closed.
- Ability to influence and foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Confidently works well under pressure with strong time management disciplines
- Good understanding of all product transformation cost elements. Should cost analysis experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work will employees at all levels throughout the organization
- Excellent Communication (both oral and written) in English
- Willingness to travel when required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Engineering
- 7-10 years of Procurement experience
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in Materials, Engineering or Quality
- Solid Finance knowledge is a strong plus
- Advance Microsoft suite knowledge including capability to work with Power BI
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading network technology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion. If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process