Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people whoshare our energy and enthusiasm for creating the bestexperiencefor job seekers.
Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business,law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidancerequired to succeed around the world. Every month, over200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
We are looking for a highly motivated Employment Counsel to join our team. You will be report to the General Counsel and be responsible for advising HR on employee issues; helping formulate HR policies in multiple world-wide jurisdictions; supervising employment-related litigation in multiple jurisdictions on behalf of the company; and supervising an immigration attorney who will become a back-up on all HR matters.
You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are comfortable working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem-solving while showing great attention to detail.
- Appear on behalf of Indeed in employment-related disputes in courts throughout the country and before employment regulators including the Department of Labor and EEOC
- Handle employment disputes from initial complaint to arbitration or trial and appeal or settlement, including drafting pleadings, taking and defending depositions, and managing document discovery
- Be point of contact for outside counsel in employment disputes
- Work closely with Human Resources to create and update employment and related policies and issues
- Work on ad hoc legal compliance projects, including but not limited to, new policies, trainings, templates and processes
- Remain up to date on legal/regulatory updates affecting the company and help implement these updates
- Work in close partnership with various other departments such as Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, International Business Operations, and others, to help identify and answer legal needs
- This position will report directly to our General Counsel
- Member in good standing with any state bar in the United States (and willing to become member of Texas bar)
- Qualified lawyer with at least 7+ years’ experience
- Experience working on HR/employment litigation issues
- Solid understanding of employment law
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of work
- Outstanding academic record
How to apply
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (a memo on any HR legal topic, or a brief on a court issue)
- In your cover letter:
- List 3 factors/risks you would consider when evaluating an employee complaint
- Explain why you want to work at Indeed
- Explain how pay-per-click advertising works and its benefits