When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, supportive culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a seasoned, practical Employment Attorney to join our legal team as a full time labor law specialist. This individual must be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced culture. The role includes:
- Advise on all legal aspects of domestic and foreign employment and labor law issues, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, employee privacy, contingent workforce issues, terminations, mergers and acquisitions, diversity and inclusion, and immigration
- Be a trusted partner with the Employee Success and Sales Operations teams to evaluate and implement employment, recruiting and compensation practices, policies, and processes
- Draft and review employment-related agreements and templates
- Manage and advise on investigations and respond to employment-related claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other inquiries
- Manage our employment compliance function and conduct audits and classification reviews
- Manage labor and employment litigation matters with in-house and outside litigation counsel
- Develop and conduct training and education programs for employees relating to employment and compliance matters
- Collaborate with local counsel in multiple countries to advise the Employee Success team and management on international employment and immigration issues
- 5+ years experience practicing U.S. employment law at a nationally recognized law firm. Prior in-house experience and international employment law experience are huge pluses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization, including the ability to draft multiple types of documents that are precise yet also concise and digestible by non-lawyers.
- Intellectually curious, with a unrelenting desire to learn new things and face unfamiliar challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exceptional business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and functions of the Company.
- Strong project management skills and ownership mentality; consistently completes projects on-time with great attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing, with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage time based upon the needs of the business.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and call out issues when needed.
- Entrepreneurial desire to build out a legal function that is supportive, collaborative and transparent
- High integrity. Can-do attitude. Strong work ethic.
- Good sense of humor.
- Experience in the software industry and a willingness to travel occasionally are both desirable.
- JD and active bar admission in good standing in at least one state
Benefits and Amenities:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO plan
- (10) Company Wide Holidays
- RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- 401K Match
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud Message Video Phone (MVP), customer engagement and contact center solutions for businesses worldwide. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premise PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading third party business applications and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.