Coordinate and implement outreach strategies to targeted organizations for the purpose of recruiting UR talent. Provide consultation and guidance for employers seeking to establish connections with UR which would include: employer and alumni involvement on campus, coordination with campus offices (development, corporate relations, alumni relations, other career centers as needed), on campus interviewing and other employer-focused programs. Steward relationships with employers to increase recruiting opportunities and outcomes for students.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships and work actively to promote on-campus and remote recruitment of students by desirable employers in accordance with employer & experiential development plan.
- Coordinate and implement outreach to active employers in line with strategy.
- Steward existing employers through recruitment lifecycle including in person, electronic, and phone communication in alignment with employer development plan.
- Work with employer partners to create baseline of alumni within a given firm and discuss how to strengthen recruitment pipeline and identify additional recruitment opportunities.
- Participate (and create where necessary) in various local, state, regional and national organizations to increase internship and employment opportunities for students (Chambers of Commerce, state consortiums, etc).
- Assist employers in building their brands on campus in collaboration with communications coordinator; advise employers on marketing strategies and set expectations about number of student applicants per job and internship postings(s), event participation and student involvement; ensure adequate and creative marketing of employer postings and events.
- Communicate employer feedback about student readiness and industry recruiting trends to team.
- Assist with Economic Development initiatives in line with University strategy.
Project Management/Administrative Duties
- Provide leadership for, coordination of, or assistance with various special internship programs and projects in line with strategic planning process of Greene Center.
- Cross-Functional Teams and University Initiatives - serve on various cross-functional teams to promote the vision and direction of Greene Center; contribute to the strategic planning in order to evolve center services and programs.
- Represent UR and the center in local and national professional associations and conferences in order to stay current with industry standards and changes, revise programs to reflect trends, and increase the center's visibility among professionals in the field.
- Participate in university committees providing representation of the career center on community issues.
- Enter data into University systems and databases, including Salesforce, as needed and ensure consistent data sharing with campus departments
- With the director, set the strategic vision for the employer, business, and experiential development staff and lead all staff in developing and implementing shared strategic priorities; monitor and report progress toward strategic goals and objectives.
- Participate in comprehensive department strategy to ensure that employers and community needs are met through recruiting efforts with UR and to ensure that students and alumni have access to relevant and timely recruiting programs and opportunities.
- Plan and manage the recruitment programs necessary to expand internship and employment opportunities for students ensuring a mutually beneficial experience for students and employers.
- Coordinate efforts with campus offices to ensure efficient relationship management and development with employers and community members. Campus constituents that are of particular importance include: development officers, alumni relations staff, corporate relations, community engagement, academic deans.
- Consult and effectively collaborate regularly with staff to share student, industry, employer, and other relevant information and to create/implement services and programs that anticipate or respond to trends in the preparation, recruiting and hiring of students.
- Regularly conduct gap analysis of employer & experiential development program and campus recruiting efforts based on benchmark data and create reports outlining strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and improvement plans; implement initiatives to address any potential gaps.
- Evaluate regularly employer and student recruiting policies and student privacy policies in accordance with professional association standards (NACE) as necessary; communicate to students and employers as appropriate.
- Ensure all university rules, policies, regulations, and internal customer service expectations are followed.
- Lead and direct several office-wide initiatives and/or functions.
- Continually improve and seek professional development opportunities/feedback on leadership style and approaches to better enhance staff development, morale, and cohesion
- With Director, determine allocation of department operating budget targeting employer development and relationship management.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at UR.
- A growth mindset to planning and solving problems - we are constantly evolving as an organization and seek people to contribute to that growth and also grow their own positions.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication competencies (written, oral, intercultural).
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in the office environment and to interface with a wide array of stakeholders within our campus community.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and developing positive relationships, partnerships, and alliances.
- Ability to embrace and drive change and to organize and effectively manage multiple priorities, programs, and projects.
- Experience in business development, career education/services, development/advancement, recruitment/HR or other closely related area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in business development, career education/services, recruitment/HR or other closely related area.
- Master's degree with emphasis business, business development, career education/services, higher education, recruitment/HR or other closely related area preferred.
- Awareness of trends within higher education, career services, employment marketplace and economy.
- Project management experience.