Job # 570468
Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Employee Relations/Safety Leader
LOCATION: Norco California ? Near Corona
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ Years experience with strong focus in Human resources with experience in Safety
The Leader helps build a proactive people-based safety culture at the site, creating an environment where employees and supervision are individually and collectively engaged in working safely. This position advises and communicates with business partners and employees on recruitment and retention, HR program administration, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, coaching and counseling, and policy interpretation/application. The role will be responsible for:
- Coordinate and sustain a robust onboarding program and experience for new hires.
- Form solid working relationships, based on thorough knowledge of the business and HR procedures, with the functional/departmental/site leaders. Coach leaders on appropriate and proactive management techniques.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the plant culture including spending time on the production floor on a routine basis.
- Drive positive employee engagement through events, feedback meetings, committees, etc.
- Manage the benefit program for site employees and provide visible support of all company-sponsored wellness activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (EEO/AA, FMLA, ADA, etc.)
- Active management of all Workers Compensation cases and coordinate activities to minimize lost and/or restricted work days.
- Manage the budget for HR activities and EHS related items.
- Investigate injuries/illnesses, near misses and environmental incidents to determine root cause(s); identify and manage corrective and preventive action plans to closure.
- Develop and implement direct loss prevention and property protection procedures and services at the site.