Vonage Human Resources Mission: We act as a strategic partner with the business to maximize the value of Vonage's greatest asset – our people. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings, acting as a catalyst to enable all Vonage employees to develop and contribute to their optimum potential. We leverage industry best practices. Our team is focused and committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining our high-performing global workforce.
Why this role matters:
Employee Relations consults with and advises organizational leaders, HR team members and employees on employee relations and related issues. We support and/or lead Vonage's response to challenging and sensitive employee relations matters. We investigate issues and complaints, including discrimination and harassment, ensuring they are addressed and resolved according to legal and company requirements and standards. We also serve as the client face of HR, acting as interface and liaison with other HR groups as well as the company's legal department. You can join our team as a Senior Employee Relations Analyst, providing support across broad and diverse organizations and employee populations.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
- Consult with and advise managers, HR Business Partners, employees and other stakeholders on the full range of employee relations matters, legal requirements and policy interpretation.
- Remain current with employee relations and related trends, legislated requirements and emerging / evolving processes and programs.
- Engage with supported managers, employees and other stakeholders to understand and ensure proper attention to emerging issues and concerns.
- Lead and/or conduct HR investigations by:
- Ensuring appropriate intake and understanding of emerging issues,
- Planning for the investigation process and ensuring appropriate stakeholder engagement,
- Ensuring investigations proceed thoughtfully, respectfully and completely,
- Developing informed insights and recommendations for management.
- Research complex employee relations issues and recommend resolution strategies that reflect company philosophy, historical precedent, regulatory requirements, policy and other considerations.
- Work with legal colleagues and employee relations experts (internally and externally) to understand emerging trends and challenges and ensure Vonage policies and practices remain up-to-date.
- Review harassment and discrimination complaints and recommend appropriate resolution.
- Develop, plan and communicate updates on employee relations processes, policies and tools.
- Develop and ensure effective delivery of training on various employee relations topics, such as respect in the workplace, the importance of investigating and addressing workplace issues, and employment law.
- Provide employee relations advice and support for a range of HR programs and processes, including:
- Compensation – ensuring fair and equitable application across employee groups,
- Recruiting and talent acquisition,
- Employee and organization development,
- Severance, ensuring no adverse impact.
- Develop and help drive implementation of recommendations for changes and improvements to employee relations process, ensuring alignment with company policies and philosophy.
What you will bring:
- Strong understanding the design, implementation processes and evaluative methods associated with employee relations programs and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Vonage employee relations and HR philosophy, policies and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong experience with HR data recording, mining, evaluation and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local regulations affecting employee relations and related HR policies and practices.
- Ability to:
- Deal with others in a diplomatic, supportive and understanding manner at all times.
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Inform, guide and advise employees and managers on employee relations policies, processes and initiatives.
- Identify and recommend steps to resolve current and potential employee relations issues.
What is required for application:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, business or related discipline.
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Corporate HR Generalist and/or employee relations experience (5+ years).