Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 46 days ago
At Sentry, we are working to make a real impact for our customers and associates. To get there, we need exceptionally bright and driven people. If you are looking to leverage your experience to influence the business and support our associates, this is your opportunity.
The Employee Relations Manager collaborates with the business unit, HR leadership, HR Business Consultants, & occasionally Sentry's corporate security and legal counsel, to ensure the timely and effective execution of associate relations strategies and processes. You'll drive the process that helps managers appropriately address performance gaps. In addition, you'll focus on proactively working to prevent associate relations concerns and issues.
What You'll Do
As the Employee Relations Manager, you'll lead a team, who provides oversight and guidance to leaders and associates in identifying and resolving performance – related challenges, while ensuring compliance with Sentry processes and protocols, as well as state and federal employment regulations
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
• Leverage Associate Relations and HRIS applications in developing rigorous data analysis and reporting. Be able to utilize this to provide recommendations that support Sentry's goals and valued behaviors.
• Serve as the point of contact for complex and/or sensitive internal workplace investigations. Consult with leadership to assure compliance with Sentry's policies, practices, and state/federal employment laws as needed.
• Deliver high quality counsel and decisions regarding associate related concerns. This included recommending appropriate employment action to support Sentry's culture.
• Collaborate with HR Business Consultants regarding associate related separations and ensure Associate Relations teams provides a well thought out and informative process.
What it Takes
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business Management, Organizational Development, Psychology, or related field .
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Associate relations experience, working through complex situations, investigations, and escalations.
• Understanding of fair employment practices and regulations.
• Demonstrate experience collaborating with business leaders, legal and HR peers.
• SPHR/PHR preferred.
• Ability to deliver results, while balancing urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and proven initiative to resolving problems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
• Understanding of diversity practices and federal and state employment laws.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019.At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.