Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! We are passionate about employee experience and creating a healthy organization where employees bring their best selves to work in an environment that allows them to thrive. As our Employee Relations Manager, you’ll provide guidance, support, and recommendations for the resolution of employee relations activities including performance improvement, conflict resolution, policy interpretation and consistency, investigations and compliance, and sensitive employment decisions.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Lead the vision for Employee Relations (ER) for our organization: Along with our Head of ER, you’ll be responsible for creating scalable global ER strategies and programs for the business to develop the next generation of high-performing, frontline leaders. From thinking through ER-related processes to creating the workflow for how Employee Relations will collaborate with the HRBP function and Employment Counsel, your focus will not only be on working through employee relations issues, but also how we work through them.
- Manage a Team of ER Business Partners: You’ll be responsible for managing a team of high-performing subject matter experts in this field and building a scalable and sustainable headcount model that will provide the highest level of service to the businesses they support
- Advise on company policy and employment law requirements: Using your subject matter expertise, you will make recommendations that align with Robinhood’s culture and values to help resolve complex and unique employment-related issues across the organization. You’ll review and assess our current policies and practices, improving them to ensure we are promoting fairness while also mitigating risk.
- Investigate highly sensitive employee relations issues: You’ll conduct interviews with employees that have filed a complaint, as well as interview those who may be considered witnesses, and make objective recommendations based on your findings
- Use data to identify employee relations trends: You’ll leverage metrics to diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the right training and processes for prevention
- Partner with the Learning & Development and Legal to build an Employee Relations training program: Conduct one-on-one and group trainings with managers and employees around how to handle ER issues, investigations, reorgs and managing performance
- Partner with Equity, Diversity and Belonging to build Employee Relations training and development offerings: Develop a training suite that will provide training and development for employees and managers on how to navigate these complex employee matters
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- At least 3+ years of management experience
- At least 8 years of employee relations or HR business partner experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and impact multiple levels within an organization to drive holistic ER strategies
- Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to balance strategic partnership-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company.