The Employee Relations Manager (Investigations and Leaves) will provide oversight and management of all leaves of absence and accommodations while creating new processes and controls.
Who We Are:
We’re a $4 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Provide oversight and management of all leaves of absence and accommodations, including FMLA, ADA and personal leave of absences for a large, varied group of employees.
- Maintain regular, thorough, and proactive communication with employees and managers regarding upcoming, current, and ending leaves of absence/accommodations.
- Create processes, framework, and controls that allow for active case management including the interactive process as well as oversight and governance.
- Lead and conduct workplace investigations in employment related matters such as harassment, discrimination, unprofessional conduct, and other policy violations in partnership with internal stakeholders and external client parties.
- Consult with internal stakeholders and external clients regarding employment related regulations and laws, including EEO, leaves of absence, and accommodations.
- 7+ years in Employee Relations, on an HR or People function that required the skill sets above.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations. These include FLSA, EEO/AA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation regulations, DFEH, EEOC, FMLA and CFRA.
- BS/BA degree; Masters, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP or other applicable specialized degrees or certifications preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate verbally and in writing effectively with leaders and employees at all levels of the company.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially in complex and nuanced situations.
- Ability to build human connections easily and deep emotional intelligence and objective empathy.
- Adaptive critical thinking and judgment, especially in complex or ambiguous situations.
- The ability to see situations from all perspectives and work through conflicts and complex performance concerns for the best possible outcomes for everyone involved.
- Learning and growth mindset, including understanding trends and continuously seeking to improve yourself and the experience for employees.
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance.
- Generous 401(k) match.
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily.