The primary purpose of the Employee Relations & HR Compliance Consultant is to conduct workplace complaint investigations in order to resolve employee issues. This includes responsibility for providing advice, consultation, and guidance to create sustainable solutions to individual employees and organizational challenges enterprise wide. This role must apply knowledge of employment and labor laws, government regulations, and agency rules in order to make informed investigations and case decisions.
- Collaborates directly with Employee Relations Director, Field Operations, HR, and Legal in order to resolve and complete employee relations inquiries, concerns, and investigations in a timely manner.
- Serves as the reviewer and/or auditor of HR work to support the function, its operation, and compliance with processes and regulations.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for identified trends through benchmark reports, litigation, etc., resulting in improved positive employee engagement.
- Assumes ownership for investigative case assignments and monitors the status and progress of escalated matters in the case management system.
- Documents investigation findings aligned with best practices to minimize risk and litigation in employee relations situations.
- Works to reduce the total number of complaints received internally and externally, taking a proactive approach by creating litigation maps, training, and examining historical cases.
- Recommends solutions and assists Field Operations with facilitation of resolution and action plans related to employee issues and union concerns.
- Provides process improvement support, knowledge base improvement suggestions, and peer coaching.
- Influences leaders by presenting recommendations and findings, working to reach common ground on case findings and future approach, with guidance and feedback from Director when necessary.
- Takes on stretch assignments and more difficult litigious and projects that impact the entire enterprise on legal and employee relations matters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR, Labor Relations or related field.
- 5 years of experience in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations, or a related role, conducting complaint investigations related to Federal, State, Local employment and labor laws for multi-site organization.
- Advanced knowledge of workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEO compliance.
- Direct experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations).
- Maintaining licenses and continued educating credits.
Job ID 1365556BR