Position: Employee Relations Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, 84020
Prerequisite Knowledge & Proficiencies:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, its interpretation and implementation, and of employment practices particularly in the area of performance management
- Skilled and passionate about coaching and developing manager capabilities
- Accomplished at using effective listening, probing and investigatory skills to handle complex, sensitive enquiries and conversations with discretion, composure and compassion
- Strong analytical mindset, able troubleshooter adept at analyzing large amounts of detailed information, diagnosing problems and recommending appropriate solutions to senior business leaders & HRBPs
- Fluency in English and in the language of the country supported
Years of Experience: 6 or more years in the area of Human Resources in a global organization. 4 or more years in the area of Employee Relations; specialist jurisdictional or functional expertise preferred
Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent. Qualification in Employment
Top 3 must-have hard skills
- Broad HR generalist knowledge which s/he can leverage independently to mitigate business, reputational and financialrisk
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues
- Ability to deliver high levels of performance and service excellence while managing high volume workload in a collaborative team environment
Best vs. Average: Somebody whose focus is ER, someone who wants to focus ono ER. Someone who is interested in a People Business Partner as the next step in his or her career. Looking for people who could successfully transition to that.
Performance Indicators: Operate independently, can prioritize things that come through, manage key stakeholder expectations.