We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Employee Relations Consultant – Project lead is responsible for both partnering on escalated employee relations issues as well as leading key enterprise related projects.
This position works closely with human resources, enterprise leaders, and other business partners to ensure that employee relations issues are proactively managed, while mitigating risk. Provides expert enterprise consultation and guidance to human resources and leaders in managing performance and conduct issues. Leads and conducts thorough investigations. Reviews and advises on organizational design/restructuring and employment decisions. In addition, this role will lead the design, development, and implementation of enterprise employee relations project work and serve as the project interface. As well as, responsibility for directing and managing project processes, ensuring collaboration and coordination with enterprise cross-functional business partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Human Resources Business Partners, leaders, and other business partners to ensure that employee relations issues are proactively managed and/or resolved while balancing strategic objectives and mitigating enterprise risk.
- Provides expert consultation and guidance to human resources and leaders in managing performance and conduct issues as well as Thrivent policy/Code of Conduct violations utilizing coaching, performance improvement plans, and/or other disciplinary action as necessary.
- Leads and conducts thorough investigations of concerns; reviews and analyzes the information gathered; and works with managers and legal partners to provide strategic direction and recommendations for appropriate course of action.
- Reviews and advises on organizational design/restructuring and employment decisions; guides human resources and leaders through staff reduction decision making process and provides transition support to impacted employees.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of enterprise employee relations project work and serve as the project interface.
- Serves as the project interface by monitoring and communicating with leaders of business areas to incorporate feedback on implementation of projects and/or processes.
- Directs and manages project processes, ensuring collaboration and coordination with cross-functional business partners to optimize resources and efficiencies to meet the needs of the business.
- Researches employee relations trends, issues, and best practices.
- Develops, interprets, and applies policies and programs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in human resources or related field
- Prior work experience in employee relations or related field and understanding of employment law
- Strong project management experience; leading enterprise wide projects
Other Critical Factors
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Possess demonstrated knowledge in EEO, AAP, FMLA, ADA, employment at will, severance agreements, performance management, investigations, due process, employment statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex matters
- Possess demonstrated ability to use good judgement, make sound business decisions and handle confidential information
- PHR certification, preferred