Consults with the business leaders in reviewing and recommending courses of action for Employee Relations cases that have been escalated, routed or assigned based on case type or other guidelines. Provides guidance and counsel to managers and employees with respect to federal, state and local EEO and labor laws, ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures in accordance with relevant laws. Conducts workplace investigations for high profile, complex and/or sensitive employee relations situations such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, Title VII violations, retaliation, misconduct, hostile work environment and terminations determinations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provides internal labor and employee relations assistance and guidance for cases that have been escalated through a multi-tiered shared service model.
- Maintain strong working relationships that include open communications and collaboration with business leadership, HR Business Partners, HR COEs, Legal, and other teams that are involved with or impacted by guidance from Employee Relations.
- Conduct workplace investigations, some of which will be high profile, complex and sensitive employee relations situations such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, Title VII violations, retaliation, hostile work environment, bullying and termination determinations.
- Ensures equitable application of organization policies and procedures while applying sound knowledge of relevant employee relations and applicable state and federal compliance laws.
- Determine facts and provide documentation to resolve issue(s). Maintaining required documentation within case management system, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Provides thorough disciplinary actions and involuntary termination risk reviews and support managers and employees during the resolution process.
- Acts as a liaison with the Legal team to address cases that may result in potential legal action. Participate in or coordinate with legal counsel and departments to prepare for and present management position in hearings and arbitration; advocates management position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Employee Relations.
- Experience in conducting workplace investigations.
- Experience working with large complex business groups and the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Collaboration experience with senior management and legal teams (both internal and external).
- Experience working within a shared services HR model.
- Proficient knowledge of federal and state employment related laws and regulations.
- Experience executing plans to meet and exceed customer service level expectations.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.