Employee Experience Manager
Employee Experience Manager
about the position*
If you thrive in a challenging, fun and fast-paced environment, the Employee Experience Manager role at Power Design is for you. This critical role in the organization, located in St. Petersburg, Fla., covers human resources areas such as employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee retention. This is a management position that provides customer service support and functional expertise to drive results and engagement.
* Manage people operations activities including employee relations, performance management, health and wellness, compensation, compliance, and HRIS data integrity
* Collaborate within the team to develop and drive strategic department projects, initiatives, programs and improvement.
* Provide guidance and coaching to internal customers by interpreting programs and policies, promptly responding to employee relations matters and inquiries.
* Oversee performance management process to include goal setting, new employee and year end reviews, as well as coaching managers on process and communication.
* Execute the employee benefits strategy, including managing the annual renewal and open enrollment process.
* Oversee unemployment claims, workers* compensation programs (at state and regional levels) and employee-related investigations as necessary.
* Oversee the workflow, reporting and data integrity of HR Information Systems (HRIS).
* Maintain in-depth knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations, including reporting and record keeping.
* Manage and provide career development for immediate team of human resources support staff.
here* s what we* re looking for*
* 7+ years of recent human resources generalist/business partner and management experience required.
* Related bachelor* s degree required; PHR certification highly preferred.
* Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized and able to multitask and deliver results in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with very strict, changing deadlines.
* Have excellent interpersonal and writing skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management, providing a high level of customer service.
* Must be extremely professional and poised, exercising independent judgement and discretion while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
* Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); experience with Oracle HRIS highly desirable.
* Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design* s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
a little bit about us*
Join the Power Design team, and you* ll get more than a job. You* ll discover one of the fastest growing electrical contractors in the nation * the perfect environment for driven individuals who share our commitment to excellence and growth. You* ll find an organization committed to our values, to training and to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. And with more than 200 active projects, a 22-acre headquarters campus which includes a 16,000-square-foot employee training center, Power Design is one of the leading electrical contractors in the United States.